5 easy ways to theft-proof your car
The sad truth: If someone REALLY wants to get into your vehicle, he (or she!) will probably find a way. But even if that’s the case, there’s no reason to make a break-in easy!
1. A car with unlocked doors is a quick target. Make sure you lock up – even in your own drive way.
2. If you have access to a garage, park inside. If you can’t, be sure to find a well-lit area.
3. Don’t leave valuable items – or things that appear to be valuable – in plain view. An empty box featuring a high-ticket electronics item could trigger a break-in just as quickly as the item itself.
4. If you don’t have a car alarm, install one.
5. Consider other anti-theft deterrents, such as steering wheel locks and ignition kill switches.