6 simple ways to drive smarter
Looking to extend the life of your vehicle? We don’t blame you. It’s good for your pocketbook, and – thanks to a host of technological advances throughout the automotive industry — it’s fairly easy to do. Simply employ these smart-driving techniques, and your car ought to be gracing roadways for years to come.
1. When you turn on your car, avoid the temptation to rev your engine. Aggressive driving causes unnecessary strain on your car.
2. Increase your speed gradually; don’t gun it. Your car performs best when you avoid sudden starts and stops.
3. Don’t let your car idle. It wastes gas, and it’s bad for the environment, too.
4. Be mindful of posted speed limits. Excessive speed decreases your car’s fuel efficiency.
5. Steer clear of potholes and debris. These can wreak havoc on your car’s tires and alignment.
6. Consolidate trips. When you run errands, for example, systematically work your way from one side of town to the other.