Give the INSIDE of your car a little TLC
Cleaning the inside of your car can seem like Mission: Impossible – but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few tips for sprucing things up:
1. Remove everything that does not belong in your car. This includes shopping bags, books and magazines, travel mugs, sports equipment, work materials and more. (The list goes on and on!)
2. Toss all trash, including paper scraps, food wrappers and empty cups.
3. Thoroughly vacuum the inside of your car. Use a hose attachment to tackle dirt in hard-to-reach spaces.
4. Remove floor mats and vacuum them thoroughly. If you have all-weather mats, dislodge caked-on dirt with a hose.
5. Spot treat stains on your upholstery. If you have cloth seats, use a little water and some upholstery cleaner. If you have leather seats, it’s a good idea to invest in a quality leather cleaner. A leather protectant will keep your seats looking great.