So, you’re off to grandma’s for Thanksgiving? You’re not alone. According to AAA, 42.2 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home this weekend. Naturally, we want you to be safe on your journey and avoid unnecessary headaches along the way. Here are a few holiday travel tips:
- Check your tire pressure before you leave, as well as several times along the way. (Keep a tire gauge in your glove compartment.)
- Plan your route. Avoid construction zones and have an idea where you can stop for gas. Mapquest and other online travel sites can be a great resource!
- Pack grocery store snacks – they’re a lot cheaper (and perhaps healthier) than the food you’d grab at a fast food restaurant.
- Make sure you have a good selection of CDs in case you end up in an area that gets poor radio reception.
- If you’re traveling with children, make sure you have plenty of books, games and toys. If all goes well, you can make it at least half way to your destination before you hear the inevitable: “Are we there yet?”
Be safe, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!