Q: How can I save money at the pump?
A: Good news! There are a definitely some things you can do to improve your car’s fuel economy. By keeping up with routine maintenance and practicing smart driving techniques, you’ll be well on your way to getting the most bang for your buck!
· Check the air pressure in your tires. Look for your vehicle’s recommended air pressure inside the driver’s side door or in your owner’s manual.
· Be a smart driver. Don’t gun it every light – instead, accelerate slowly.
· Be aware of traffic signals. If you see a red light in the distance, slowly ease off the gas pedal and coast up to the light.
· Change your car’s oil on a regular basis.
· When possible, avoid heavy loads. Extra weight can decrease your car’s fuel efficiency.