Save money at the pump
Yes, you CAN improve your car’s fuel economy. Put simply, you need to keep up with routine maintenance and practice smart driving techniques. Here are some specific ways to do that:
- Check the air pressure in your tires. Look for your vehicle’s recommended air pressure inside the driver’s side door or on the side wall of the tire.
- Be a smart driver. Don’t gun it at every light – instead, accelerate slowly.
- Be aware of traffic signals. If you see a red light in the distance, slowly ease off the gas pedal and coast up to the light.
- Tune up your car’s engine periodically.
- Change your car’s oil on a regular basis.
- When possible, avoid heavy loads. Extra weight can decrease your car’s fuel efficiency.