Six smart tips for every driver
It’s no surprise that most of us want to keep our cars in tip-top shape. Follow these six smart tips, and you’ll be well on your way to extending the life of your vehicle.
- When you turn on your car, avoid the temptation to rev your engine.
- Increase your speed gradually; don’t gun it.
- Don’t let your car idle. It wastes gas, and it’s bad for the environment to boot!
- Be mindful of posted speed limits.
- Steer clear of potholes and debris on the road, which will help extend the life of your tires.
- Consolidate your trips. When you run errands, work your way from one side of town to the other.