Thanksgiving travel tips
Ah … turkey and trimmings. (Is your mouth watering yet?)
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and if you’re like millions of Americans, you’ll spend at least part of the holiday weekend on the road. According to USA Today, holiday travel will rise in 2011 – and that could spell trouble for motorists. And, of course, there’s that seasonal jump at the pump.
So, what can you do to avoid holiday travel hassles? Here are a few handy tips:
- Map your route before your leave. (Navigation systems are great, but they’re not fool-proof.)
- Travel during non-peak hours. If you have to make your way through a large metropolitan area, you certainly don’t want to roll in during rush hour.
- Allow some wiggle room. If you plan for a few delays along the way, you’re less likely to get upset when you run into a snag.
- Pack smart! Take plenty of healthy snacks, books, magazines and movies to enjoy along the way.
- Give thanks for the blessings you have received!