The Perfect Gift: A Roadside Emergency Kit
Still looking for that perfect gift for someone on your list? How ‘bout putting together a roadside emergency kit for their car?
We all know that snow, slush and salt can turn winter roads into a slick mess, and even the most experienced drivers can run into trouble during winter weather.
If you want to go the quick and easy route (and there’s certainly nothing wrong with that), you can buy pre-assembled kits like this online. You can also build your own. Here are some important items to include:
- A blanket
- A snow shovel (short-handled shovels can easily be stowed in your trunk
- A bag of kitty litter or salt
- A flashlight with spare batteries
- Bottled water and non-perishable snacks (granola bars and protein bars work well)
- Flares (these are good to keep on hand year-round)
- A whistle (can be used to call for help)
In the event of an emergency, these items can go a long way toward keeping your friends and family safe!