What to do if you’re in a car accident
No one likes to think they’ll be in an accident, but if it does happen to you, follow these simple steps:
- Get help. If anyone is hurt, call 911.
- Call the police.
- Exchange names, phone numbers and insurance information with any other drivers that were involved in the accident.
- If you have a camera handy, snap a picture of your car.
- Contact your insurance agent.
- Take notes. It’s easy to forget minor details, so if you have the presence of mind to jot down some key details, it could come in handy later on.