You ask, we answer!
Good news! Honda’s online library of Frequently Asked Questions is a great place to uncover valuable information about your Honda. Browse through the list of questions, and you’re sure to learn plenty of helpful information. Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Give us a call at 866-445-4848. Our service technicians are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
Today, we’re sharing a topic that a lot of people are probably curious about …
I’ve noticed lots of warning signs posted near pumps at gas stations. What precautions should I follow when refueling my vehicle?
- Turn off your vehicle.
- Do not smoke, light matches, or use lighters.
- Leave cell phones and other electronic devices turned off and in the vehicle.
- Do not get back into your vehicle during refueling. Remain at the vehicle’s fueling point even when using the nozzle’s hold-open latch. It is important to avoid any activity that might result in static electricity build-up and discharge.
- Do not attempt to “top off” your vehicle’s fuel tank.
- Ensure that the gas cap is securely tightened after refueling, as per the instructions in your Owner’s Manual. An improperly tightened gas cap might illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Light on your instrument panel.
- Never fill a portable gasoline container or refuel a gasoline-powered device anywhere inside or on your vehicle.